Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Da Vinci Code Quest on Google

I've been hooked on this thing for the last 24 days, but have kept quiet because writing too much about the answers may help others get through. Not very altruistist, I know, and not like the guys on Warp Whistle. They've been posting answers on a daily basis throughout the first phase.

The ironic thing is that the hoster of the site wasn't around to finish the day 24 puzzle in a timely fashion, and, as I've posted in comments there, only the first 10,000 timestamped entries make it through to the next round.

I entered at 1:08 EDT (actualy 10:08 PDT since I'm in CA). Was that quick enough? Are there 10,000 Americans intelligent enough to make it through? Will Google publish some nice stats, such as drop-off rate over time? It's all to be seen. I should find out (as should others) if I've made it to the next round by next Monday.

I'll write more as it happens.

If you hear before me - post it here.

Here's another quest I just found on technorati.

Tags: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't have time to try the Quest, and I probably wouldn't have been able to get the answers even if I did :) . But I've been following it a little bit and it seems to be wildly popular. 10,000 entries is a pretty low number, IMO. I hope you make it through!

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were lucky. When I submitted my answer eight minutes after the contest started, I got a page saying the "Sorry, the contest has ended."

7:17 PM  
Blogger FunkiBluDawg said...

Well done on getting to the final phase.

I completed the 1st 24, but looks like I am not among the 10k :-(

Best of Luck

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home