Tuesday, July 05, 2005

SOA Blueprints & OASIS

It looks very much like OASIS has adopted my SOA Blueprints as part of their reference model initiative. Its not directly referenced by OASIS yet, but a couple of postings at SearchWebServices.com and TheServerSide.com say the same thing:

In an effort to establish a common nomenclature for SOA, OASIS has created an SOA Reference Model (RM) technical committee. A group of vendors is also working to create an SOA Blueprints technical committee at OASIS. Formerly created by The Middleware Company, the Blueprints will leverage the RM to define a functional specification that vendors and end users can implement for real world SOA projects.

Before coming to OASIS, SOA Blueprints was an industry initiative led by Mountain View, Calif.-based The Middleware Company (TMC), in conjunction with a consortium of vendors and thought leaders in the enterprise Java market.
That is, written entirely by me, with lots of input from the guys at BEA and Microsoft. Shame I can't be as involved now, but my career has taken me in different directions. Still, its nice to have written an important piece of work, that has comments like:
The SOA blueprint published by TMC last year had more development related detail, which included a petstore kind of stuff for an HR module.It was more in depth even touching the areas of process modelling.

Wish that intitative had been carried forward.
I'll make the originals available here if anyone is interested. I have lots of nice Visio diagrams as well...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey nice to read what you have to say. I am out searching for information plastic surgery dallas prices and stumbled across your page. My wife is thinking about going under the knife and I am trying to find out as much information as I can. Anyway BXCellent the SOA Blueprints & OASIS of your page caught my interest and I thought I would stop by to see if you had any information on plastic surgery dallas prices. Hey, great page and thanks for the read.

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home