Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Scotty: "Beam me up"


I just felt I had to pay my last respects to a man that helped shape the dreams of at least one generation - , or as he was known to the world. Every time I look at my cell phone, I think of Star Trek. As I watched the original series episodes as a kid, I hadn't a clue that the genial man with the broad scottish accent was actually Canadian. Then again, as a British kid, Canada seemed as far away as the voyages of the enterprise at that time.

To me he spoke one of the best movie lines of all time: "A keyboard, how quaint!"

And fathered a child at 80 - that was one law of well, not physics, but some other science, that he was able to change. His project estimating skills are still the basis of many a plan of mine.

Estimate - it'll take at least 6 months.
Question - can you do it 3?
Result - do it in two and you're a miracle worker.

His plan to have his ashes scattered in space is befitting of a career centered off this world, but a reality that never took him there in life.

Scotty - RIP.

12 Comments:

Blogger job opportunitya said...

Remarkable blog. I take the neccesary time to find
blogs that are just as good as the ones you do.
Sweetie, go and search my plastic surgery dallas blog for what you need.

9:07 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Nice blog. I seen the site and I adored the work,
that I want to visit it more each day! I like
searching for blogs that have the same content like
this one!
Please discover my arizona plastic surgery blog.

2:09 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Super blog. I web surf when I have the time for
blogs like this one.Your site was nice and will be
visited again!
In an efford of finding the right info, check for my facial plastic surgery blog site.

7:21 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Exciting blog. Your site was amazing and will be
back again! I never get tired of looking for blogs
just like this one.
Come as you are and look at my credit card services blog.

10:12 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Remarkable blog. I take the neccesary time to find
blogs that are just as good as the ones you do.
Come as you are and look at my picture of plastic surgery gone wrong blog.

4:45 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Astonshing blog. I relished in the site and you
know I will be going to it again! Surfing the internet
hepls me to find blogs that arfe just as good.
Oh please, check for the blog site with my plastic surgery houston!

8:44 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Hot blog. When I get to seraching on the web for
blogs, its got to be like yours! And the site is off
the hook! I just kept coming back!
Hey why don't you peep my plastic surgery las vegas blog site.

8:25 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Hype blog. And I admire your site and plan on
returning to it! When I web surf it always helps me to
find great blogs.
I was in love with your the best credit card blog site.

1:17 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

I peep the web for blogs just like this one.
Airtight blog. Your site was off the chain and I will
return!
Go and find my awful plastic surgery blog.

1:44 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Cool blog. I dig your site outline and I plan on
returning again! I just love finding blogs like this
when I have the time.
My plastic surgery before and after picture blog, is something you need to peep out!

9:23 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Captivating blog. I love surfing the web for the
type of blogs that you do. It had me on the edge of my
seat and I kept going back to again and again!
Want to see top notch work, peep my teen and plastic surgery blog site for the bomb work!

9:32 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Remarkable blog. I take the neccesary time to find
blogs that are just as good as the ones you do.
Please discover my plastic surgery phoenix blog.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home